- It takes 700 years for a single plastic bottle to decompose and 10 billion plastic bottles are sent to landfill in the UK every year.
- HALT offers a commercially attractive solution to the two biggest plastic pollution issues: single use plastic bags and plastic bottles.
- The reusable bags from our HALT brand are made from the material taken from recycled plastic bottles via a process which turns the plastic into a durable and practical fabric called rPET (recycled PolyEthylene Terephthalate).
- Our ethical production is fundamental to the integrity of our bags and our Jutexpo Standard ensures HALT products offer customers quality, ethical, reusable bags.
- The bags are the first to have the integrity of certification to the Global Recycled Standard (GRS).
rPET: From Bottle to Bag
Recycling Plastic Bottles to Create Reusable Bags with Integrity
- Each reusable bag uses between three and ten recycled plastic bottles – which might otherwise have ended up in landfill or other, uncontrolled waste streams.
- We produce fabric with integrity, certified to the Global Recycled Standard:
- Manufactured using a dyeing-free method for colouring fabric
- Created using a low carbon emission production process
- Customer factory visits are welcome
- Ethically-produced to the Jutexpo Standard
The Jutexpo Standard
The Jutexpo Standard is a set of the 10 key elements we consider to be the minimum when it comes to ethical and technical standards, awards and credentials. The full list is below for reference.
- What do we do to ensure this standard is achieved?
- Fully compliant to the Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI) Base Code
- British Retail Consortium Consumer Standard Grade A Factory
- Sedex Registered with Full Independent Third Party Audits for Full Transparency of Compliance
- Welcoming Customer Factory Visits
- Regular Independent Ethical and Technical Audits
- A Full Suite of In-House and Independent Product Testing
- GOTS Certified Organic Cotton Bag Manufacturing
- Full Warehouse and Logistic Facilities
- An In-House Design Team to Help Create Your Ideal Bag